We are beginning to resume our instrumental hire service in a cautious and safe way in accordance with social distancing guidelines but with some limitations.
If you are applying for lessons with us, you can request instrument hire as part of the sign-up process. If you would like to hire an instrument externally, please contact us: 020 8640 5446 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to help.
We offer different rates of hire depending if your child is learning with us or not. Members of our bands and ensembles who have external tuition may also hire instruments at the Music Centre rate. All hire is subject to availability and payment of hire deposit.
GROUP 1 INSTRUMENTS:
Violin, Viola, Guitar
Deposit – £20.00
Lesson in a Merton School: £37.00 per term
Music Centre Lesson/Membership: £42.00 per term
External Hire: £59 per term
GROUP 2 INSTRUMENTS:
Flute, Clarinet, Alto Saxophone, Trumpet, Cornet, Trombone, Mini Horn, Cello
Deposit – £50.00
Lesson in a Merton School: £49.00 per term
Music Centre Lesson/Membership: £59.00 per term
External Hire: £79 per term
GROUP 3 INSTRUMENTS:
Oboe, Bassoon, Tenor Saxophone, French Horn, Euphonium, Tuba, Double Bass, Xylophone
Deposit – £100.00
Lesson in a Merton School: £54.00 per term
Music Centre Lesson/Membership: £70.00 per term
External Hire: £99 per term
With regards to the instruments under the Group 3 category, a copy of a relevant insurance document will have to be provided by the hirer prior to the commencement of the hire period.
All replacement strings, reeds, oils and grease for hire instruments must be paid for by the hirer. Further details can be obtained from the MMF Office.
Returning Instruments During Covid-19
· Call us on 020 8640 5446 to arrange a time to return your instrument
· Ensure that all parts of the instrument are stored safely in its case and remove any items that belong to you
· Come to: Harris Academy Morden, Llanthony Road entrance SM4 6DX (large green gates) at the pre-arranged time. As you will be visiting us during the school day, you must not come onto the school grounds – please use the free parking available in the adjacent streets
· Upon arrival at the Llanthony Road gate, please call 020 8640 5446 to let us know that you are outside. A member of our team will walk up to meet you for a contactless collection outside the gate. Please remember to maintain a safe distance of at least 2 metres
· Once we have the instrument, we will email you confirmation of receipt and arrange to refund your deposit via bank transfer. We will not be issuing paper receipts for safety reasons
If you have any questions, please contact us.