TUITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. FORMS. Applications can only be accepted on official MMF application forms. One form must be completed and signed for each applicant. Fees may be paid by cheque, cash, debit or credit card (an admin fee may be payable).
2. FEES MUST BE PAID IN FULL BY THE DATE SHOWN ON YOUR INVOICE PRIOR TO LESSONS COMMENCING. Failure to pay the term’s fees on time will incur a late penalty fee and automatically suspend any further tuition. Reinstatement will be at the discretion of MMF and any loss of lessons will have to be borne by the student.
3. TRUST FUND. May be available for tuition in schools (not Music Centre). Application forms and further information are available from schools or directly from the MMF office. Application forms and current proof of entitlement must be submitted EACH TERM.
4. TERM LENGTH. Instrumental tuition will normally consist of 10 lessons per term. Due to the brevity of some terms, the number of lessons may be adjusted to ensure 30 lessons in an academic year. A credit or refund will be issued at the end of the academic year if due to the tutor’s absence, a student has not received lessons paid for. Fees are non-refundable if a pupil misses a lesson because of absence from school or forgets to attend. If a student is absent for a period of five consecutive weeks due to illness a half term’s tuition fee will be refunded providing notice in writing and supporting documents have been received at the MMF office. Fees for the hire of instruments will not be refunded.
5. TERMINATION OF LESSONS. Lessons may be discontinued ONLY AT THE END OF TERM and notice of withdrawal MUST BE GIVEN TO THE MMF OFFICE IN WRITING BY THE PREVIOUS HALF-TERM. If this notice is not given an administration fee will be charged in lieu of notice. MMF reserves the right to discontinue lessons where a student makes insufficient progress or their attendance is unsatisfactory.
6. REFUNDS. Payments for places on instrumental tuition courses are non-refundable except as provided in 7 below or when MMF is unable to offer the tuition because the lesson is insufficiently subscribed. In this instance you will be put on our waiting list and the full fee will be refunded if we are unable to provide tuition. If lessons are missed as a result of late payment no refund can be made.
7. TUTORS. We reserve the right to change tutors but will endeavour to tell you as necessary. If we are unable to replace an indisposed tutor we will refund or credit the appropriate fee. All tuition depends on the availability of instruments and tutors.
8. TIMETABLING. Lessons provided in schools are timetabled in consultation between the tutor and the Head of Music / Music Coordinator or their representative.
9. MERTON YOUTH MUSIC. Students receiving tuition through MMF are encouraged, as an extension of their studies, to attend ensembles as part of the MMF’s Merton Youth Music Programme at Harris Academy Morden, Lilleshall Road, Morden, Surrey, SM4 6DU. A membership termly fee applies.
10. LIABILITY. MMF accepts no responsibility for loss, damage, injuries or any inconvenience beyond the control of the Trustees.
11. DECISIONS REGARDING TUITION OR HIRE made by MMF will be final. The Trustees of MMF reserve the right to amend Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
HIRE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. THE HIRE PERIOD IS NORMALLY LIMITED TO 3 TERMS but may be extended subject to availability.
2. HIRE FEES MUST BE PAID IN FULL BY THE DATE SHOWN ON YOUR INVOICE prior to lessons commencing each term.
3. DEPOSITS are required on all hire instruments and will be refunded within 28 days following inspection of the returned instrument.
4. LIABILITY. Persons hiring instruments from MMF must accept full responsibility for the safekeeping of the instrument and in the event of loss, theft or damage make restitution (this does not apply to the re-hairing of bows necessitated by fair wear and tear). MMF accepts no responsibility for damage to, or the loss or theft of hired instruments. You are strongly advised to provide your own insurance for all instruments hired from MMF.
5. REPAIRS. Instruments in need of repair must be returned to the MMF office and not repaired privately. No refunds will be made in respect of repairs undertaken privately. 6. DISCONTINUATION OF LESSONS. If no longer required all instruments must be returned immediately to the MMF office and NOT to the school, otherwise hire fees will continue to be charged and the instrument’s full replacement cost becomes payable.
7. CONSUMABLES. All reeds, oils, grease and strings are the responsibility of the hirer.
8. MMF IDENTIFICATION TAGS. Instruments must remain labelled for identification purposes.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE LEGALLY BINDING
Your signature on either the Application for Tuition and/or Instrument Hire Forms, or payment of invoices confirms to Merton Music Foundation that you have read and understood the above conditions concerning tuition and hire with MMF and THAT YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THEM.